Tuesday 25 April 2017

I Was Scared to Post This Video (& Said Video)

Last night I hit publish on a video I'm a little nervous of releasing...I don't know why, well perhaps I do; because I'm a rather candid in it. Right now I feel a calling to be more forthright in what I share and so I will. I will share more of well me, my deepest thoughts and opinions regarding creative life. However just because I feel I want to do something it does not stop the creative demons coming up to have a party and 'poo poo' all over it. 

Considering the video is all about getting on with creating what you want in spite of such things as excuses though I obviously could not listen to the fears when they tell me 'people won't like it', 'you're being too aggressive', 'ra, ra, ra'. So I clenched my teeth, and hit publish anyway. 


We are creators, and demons are part of that package, but our choices are still our own. 

Excuses, fears, overwhelm, analysis paralysis, comparisonitus cannot act of their own accord. If they are in the drivers seat, honey you gave them the wheel. But that's okay you can still get it back, and you do so by hitting publish on whatever it is you are creating.

Here is the video ~ Art & Life: Do It Your Way


If you would like to join the 'Makers Meet-Up' Group or my online art community generally, you can do so here: http://journalworkshops.ning.com


Much love
Jennibellie

PS Since I hit publish on this video the response has been so OVERWHELMINGLY positive...as per the message of the video 'not knowing how is not an excuse not to do something', it seems the same should be applied to feeling fear! 

Hit publish love.

4 comments:

  1. Love your Artworks, they are all so so gorgeous!! Have a very happy day, thanks for all your inspiration and sharing. Hugs.
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ I don´t know how you did it, but you have read my mind... again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get so smart? I loved listening to your motivational speed and I loved examining all your pillows around you. Everything you said is so right. Thank you so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally 100% agree! Some people just want things spoon fed to them but actually the way you properly learn is getting in there and doing it. I'm a kinaesthetic learner. Someone could tell me a 100 times how to do something but until I do it myself I don't benefit at all. And even learning something physical (like dancing) I could try to copy the moves but you know what, when I own those moves for myself, not even caring if they are wrong, THATS when I get the moves!

    Thank for sharing! I love this uncensored version of you! We all need a kick up the bum sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...